Samuels, G. M. (2013). Multiraciality and Multiethnicity. On-Line Encyclopedia of Social Work, Columbia University Press.
McCubbin, Hamilton I., Laurie McCubbin, Gina Samuels, Wei Zhang, and Jason Sievers. 2013. Multiethnic children, youth, and families: Emerging challenges to the behavioral sciences and public policy. Family Relations 62(1), 1-4.
Jackson, Kelly E., and Gina M. Samuels. 2011. Multiracial competence in social work: Recommendations for culturally attuned work with multiracial individuals and families. Social Work 56(3): 235-45.
Rampage, Cheryl, Marina Eovaldi, Cassandra Ma, Catherine Weigel Foy, Leah Bloom, and Gina M. Samuels. 2011. Adoptive families. In Normal Family Processes: Growing Diversity and Complexity, 4th ed., Froma Walsh, ed. 222-48. New York: Guilford Press.
- Pryce, Julia M., and Gina M. Samuels. 2010. Renewal and risk: The dual experience of motherhood and aging out of the child welfare system. Journal of Adolescent Research 25(2): 205-30.
- Samuels, Gina M. 2010. Building kinship and community: Relational processes of bicultural identity among adult multiracial adoptees. Family Process 49(1): 26-42.
- Samuels, Gina M. 2009. Ambiguous loss of home: The experience of familial (im)permanence among young adults with foster care backgrounds. Children and Youth Services Review (31): 1229-39.
- Samuels, Gina M. 2009. Being raised by white people: Navigating racial difference among adopted multiracial adults. Journal of Marriage and Family 71(1): 80-94.
- Samuels, Gina M. 2008. A Reason, a season, or a lifetime: Relational permanence among young adults with foster care backgrounds. University of Chicago, IL: Chapin Hall.
- Samuels, Gina M., and Julia M. Pryce. 2008. What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger: Survivalist self-reliance as resilience and risk among young adults aging out of fos¬ter care. Children and Youth Services Review 30(10): 1198-210.
- Samuels, Gina M. 2007. Adoption. In World Book Online Reference Center. World Book, Inc. 21.
- Samuels, Gina M., and Fariyal Ross-Sheriff. 2007. Identity, oppression, and power: Feminism and intersectionality theory. Affilia: Journal of Women and Social Work (23): 5-9.
- Samuels, Gina M. 2006. Beyond the rainbow: Multiraciality in the 21st century. In Our diverse society: Race and ethnicity – Implications for 21st-century American society, ed. David Wells Engstrom and Lissette M. Piedra. Washington, DC: NASW Press.
- Courtney, Mark E., Ada Skyles, Gina E. Miranda, Andrew Zinn, Eboni Howard, and Robert M. Goerge. 2005. Youth who run away from out-of-home care. University of Chicago. Chicago, IL: Chapin Hall Center for Children. Featured in SSA Magazine, June 2009.
- Courtney, Mark E., Ada Skyles, Gina E. Miranda, Andrew Zinn, Eboni Howard, and Robert M. Goerge. 2005. Youth who run away from substitute care. Issue Brief #103. University of Chicago, IL: Chapin Hall Center for Children.
- Miranda, Gina E. 2004. Reading between the lines: Black-white heritage and transracial adoption. African American Research Perspectives 10(1): 174-187.
- Miranda, Gina E. 2003. Domestic transracial adoption and multiraciality. In Multiracial child resource book: Living complex identities, ed. Maria P. P. Root and Matt Kelley, 108-115. Seattle, WA: MAVIN Foundation.
- Coleman, Hardin L.K., Romana A. Norton, Gina E. Miranda, and Laurie McCubbin. 2003. An ecological perspective on cultural identity development. In Handbook of multicultural competencies in counseling and psychology, ed. Donald Pope-Davis, Hardin L.K. Coleman, William Ming Liu, and Rebecca L. Toporek, 38-58. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.